One of our most invaluable service lines is our Software Selection Advisory Practice.
The provision of specialist Software Evaluation Advisory consultants. Business Applications, Process and Reporting experts who have undertaken multiple ERP, EPM, Procurement, Expense Management, Analytics, MDM and financial integration software selection initiatives for clients across all industry verticals.
These are business software experts who maintain an up-to-the-minute, expert appreciation of all of the mainstream and specialist Financial and ERP applications, and can provide independent guidance on what is a best-fit for a client’s specific requirements:
The business software landscape is fast changing, and the variety of solutions has never been greater. Do you opt for a single vendor model for Finance, ERP, Reporting and Analytics, or a best of breed, native web approach, with iPaaS and API integration at the core?
SystemsAccountants works with Financial Teams to help them to navigate this minefield. Our account directors have extensive experience of assigning the most relevant financial software consultants to align to a client’s specific needs. The consultants we provide typically combine experience in Consulting, Financial Management/Controllership and Business Systems Programme/Project Management. Whether you’re in the aerospace industry or online retail; whether you need a point solution to solve a specific functional need, such as travel and expense management, or you have a burning platform requirement to replace your core ERP; we can provide a consultant with the war wounds and battle scars that are relevant to your need.
Why entrust your Financial Systems Evaluation to SystemsAccountants?
- Objective, impartial and honest advisors – SystemsAccountants is technology agnostic.
- We have a unique insight, up-to-date market knowledge and unrivalled delivery network across all leading Financial Systems, ERP, EPM, Analytics, BI technologies (Cloud and On-Premise) to support your roadmap strategy.
- We collaborate and share our knowledge with clients about the key market trends across industry and technology verticals, whilst ensuring that we guide clients on how to successfully run programmes and projects with lessons learned and how-to-avoid pitfalls.
- Provide initial “pro-bono” consultation, review and health checks on your systems and core processes from our trusted advisor.
- Engage SystemsAccountants for part of, or the entire project life cycle with expert account engagement – from business case, project scoping and definition, review of core processes and data, RFI / RFP, evaluation and selection of suitable technologies, commercial due diligence, through to the project governance and implementation, and post go live deliverables.
- 20 years’ expertise working on major financial technology implementations and transformation journeys enables us to cherry pick and assemble the very best independent programme and project teams with deep subject matter expertise.
- Value for money – our interim contractors provide more cost effective and competitive solutions compared to Consultancy or Software Vendor resources and will tailor our commercials to ensure we are within your overall budget expectations.
Recent Example Projects
Financial System Strategy, Process And Controls Design
A global insurance broking and underwriting group
Managed the selection of a new financial system and designed the processes and controls
- Prepared all documentation for the selection of a new group-wide financial system
- Designed and managed the tender & selection process; vendors included Workday, Infor & Unit4
- Successfully led the design of the new ‘to-be’ processes, prior to handover to the business
Application Strategy, Financial System Selection & Implementation
A medical insurance company operating in the UK
Responsible for planning application strategy, financial system selection and project planning issues
- Engaged as part of change programme to transform sales & account management across the business
- Defined a financial application strategy, leading to managing a full vendor / system selection process
- Prepared tender documentation and business requirements for a new financial system and platform
- Led definition of project and drove the design phase, prior to handover to a permanent staff member
Application Strategy, IT Strategy & ERP Selection
A builders’ merchant group operating across Europe
Responsible for leading the development of application / IT strategy, and ERP selection processes
- Appointed to programme leadership within a leading builders merchants, distributor & manufacturer
- Defined and communicated an application strategy as part of the new IT strategy and IT roadmap
- Detailed requirement for a new group-wide trading system, replacing 12+ legacy systems & tools
- Managed the tender & selection process, with vendors including Microsoft, Infor, SAP & Oracle
- Successfully led architecture & design of the new programme, prior to handover to a permanent PM
System Selection & Project Management
A franchise dentistry business operating across the UK
Responsible for managing the selection of a new financial system (CODA) to replace legacy SAP
- Appointed to project leadership and planning role with a UK-based health services business
- Supported the Executive Board in their understanding of the project, working with stakeholders
- Effectively prepared the implementation TOR post-selection, detailed plans and team mentoring