What is Hyperion?
Hyperion software was previously owned by Hyperion Solutions Corporation which focused on producing business performance management and business intelligence software. It was bought by Oracle Corporation in 2007 and is now developed and sold under Oracle Hyperion products.
What capabilities does Hyperion have?
Oracle Hyperion products are predominately ERP tools and systems and are particularly popular for the following capabilities:
- Planning and analysis
- Financial consolidation
- Cost management
- Strategic finance
Oracle Hyperion products like Oracle Hyperion Financial Management help organisations build complex automated business logic and data systems so that large amounts of data can be processed quickly. Forecasting and ‘what if’ scenarios can be accurately created to structure a complete strategic overview for a wide range of business issues or market fluctuations. The better a business is able to use the software to provide real-time insights and forecast the future, the better resilience they will have should unforeseen circumstances arise that could affect supply chains, workforce, HR processes or cash flow.
What kind of skills do you need to work with Hyperion?
Working with a product like Oracle Hyperion Financial Management usually requires a bachelor’s degree but many employers are also looking for master’s degree-level educated people. To use the software to its maximum capabilities for an organisation a combination of technical and process expertise in accounting with project management, systems management/administration, process customization, report development, business consulting and software development skillsets across the breadth of Hyperion features, modules and functionality are required.
The following modules and functionality should be explored:
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Close Management
- Oracle Hyperion Disclosure Management
- Oracle Financial Management Analytics
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Reporting
- Oracle Hyperion Planning
- Oracle Hyperion Essbase
- Oracle Hyperion Strategic Finance (HSF)
- Oracle Hyperion Enterprise
- Oracle Hyperion Profitability & Cost Management (HPCM)
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management Enterprise Edition (FDQM)
- Oracle Essbase Analytics Link for Hyperion Financial Management
- Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision
- Oracle Cloud EPM (FCCS / PBCS)
- Sustainability Reporting Starter Kit for Oracle Hyperion Financial Management
The different types of Hyperion job roles:
- Hyperion EPM Directors
- Hyperion EPM Applications Managers
- Hyperion Project Managers
- Hyperion Functional Consultants
- Hyperion Technical Consultants
- Hyperion Solution Architects
- Hyperion Systems Administrators
- Hyperion Support Consultants
- Hyperion Planning Developers
- Hyperion Planning Consultants
- Hyperion HFM Developers
- Hyperion HFM Consultants
- Hyperion FDM Developers
- Hyperion HSF Developers/Consultants
- Hyperion HPCM Developers/Consultants