What is Infor?
Infor is an American vendor that sells enterprise business software. They specialise in cloud ERP software, but they also have other very popular business applications. Infor builds suites of applications to support businesses that integrate easily into existing systems. They particularly focus on user experience so data and performance analytics are easy to see and understand, allowing organisations to leverage Infor software for maximum effect. Some of the most popular Infor business applications include:
Infor’s ERP offering encompasses many brands and platforms due to its extensive acquisitions over the years. It has cloud and SaaS versions of its product line for easy deployment and can help organisations adopt the best ERP software to suit their individual needs based on size, scope and industry.
Infor M3 is another one of Infor’s ERP software offerings and is designed to support business functions for medium or large organisations.
Infor LN is another ERP software that helps organisations streamline and improve their agility when it comes to budgeting business functions.
Infor OS, formally knowns as Infor Xi, is an operating service platform that facilitates digital transformation. It allows stakeholders to automate, analyse and forecast their major activities.
Infor SunSystems is a comprehensive financial accounting software solution.
Infor d/EPM is a fully integrated solution suite that is capable of automating your business’ financial management process, thereby eliminating the use of spreadsheets.
What Skills Do You Need to Work with Infor Products?
As most people work with ERP Infor products, there are many different technical and soft skills and competencies that would help across a variety of industries. Infor itself offers several certification courses to keep people abreast of developments to functionality and usage revolving around the principles of change management [LINK to change management jobs page]. Other, generally desirable skills include:
Infor technical skills:
- Experience using Infor and other ERP application platforms
- Some knowledge of a programming language
- Understanding of quality control and compliance
- Knowledge of operating software modelling and architecture
Infor soft skills:
- Good communication
- Technically and analytically minded
- Good people skills
- Some experience in stakeholder management
- Highly organised
Different Types of Infor Job Roles:
- Infor SunSystems Project Managers
- Infor CloudSuite Project Managers
- Infor d/EPM Project Managers
- Infor SunSystems / CloudSuite / d/EPM / iON Consultants
- Infor Technical Consultants
- Infor Solution Architects
- Infor SunSystems / CloudSuite / d/EPM / iON, Administrators
- Infor SunSystems Support Consultants
- Infor ERP Systems Managers
- Infor Business Systems Analysts