Join a rapidly growing wholesale distribution company, focusing on business-to-business sales within an exciting industry. Our team has been serving a dedicated and ever-expanding clientele, while delivering the highest level of excellence since our launch in 2000. Their client base is comprised of retail stores, online retailers and distributors across the globe.
The Controller is a dynamic leadership role tasked with supporting growth initiatives and customer satisfaction of on-time deliverables. The controller will be responsible for ensuring that the financial reporting as well as the books and records of the firm are accurate and complete.
Reporting to the President, The Controller will lead their Finance department by example with a hands-on approach. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, results driven and must be prepared to teach, train and lead the department personnel to success.
Organizational skills and attention to detail are imperative. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with the higher management and other departments will be critical to your success.
The Controller is responsible for the company’s long-term financial health and growth. They establish strategies that will earn profits, oversee accounting operations, produce accurate reports on where money is going within the business and improve or change current practices to increase efficiency.
· Prepare GAAP monthly, quarterly and year-end covenant calculations and financial statements according to GAAP
· Be responsible for the timely execution of the month-end close process including reconciliation of multiple bank accounts
· Provide concise and effective communication of financial results in a timely manner including analysis and evaluation of the key financial metrics
· Perform monthly/quarterly cash flow forecast including forecast of receivables and payables (in conjunction with purchasing dept)
· Assist CEO and President with the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
· Support year-end audit; provide requested data and any interface as needed
· Provide data for preparation of year-end tax return filings
· Provide analytical support on cross-functional projects as requested
· Oversee monthly tax compliance and reporting
· Calculate/Process Monthly Commissions
· Calculate/Process Monthly Royalties
· Calculate/Process Monthly Sales Tax
· Oversee AR and AP
· Prepare daily cash position report
· Prepare annual budgets by department – sales and expense – implement and utilize budgeting and forecasting software – restate/update budget quarterly
· Prepare monthly budget comparisons / pacing reports
· Perform credit checks and establish credit limits as needed
· Implement and oversee ACH policies
· Perform monthly margin analysis by channel and product class
· Communicate with bank/ lenders as needed
· Identify and report business trends /anomalies
· Make recommendations to limit overall tax liability for company and ownership
· Oversee record keeping to comply with audit and IRS regulations
· Maintain annual filings / registrations and business licenses for all entities
· Oversee multiple business accounts and ERP’S for seperate entities.
· Most importantly communicate effectively with leadership on what is needed for the department
· Excellent managerial skills and ability to evaluate the work of others
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Working knowledge of organization’s applicable financial practices and procedures, as well as a thorough understanding of state and federal rules and regulations.
· Proficient with accounting software and standard office and accounting equipment
· Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
· Five years of management experience in finance or accounting
· Prior experience with:
– Netsuite ERP system required
– Preparing financial statements and tax returns
– Managing and reconciling intercompany AP/AR
– Consolidation accounting and elimination entries
– Minority interest calculations
– Managing cash, projections and treasury management in general
– Expense monitoring and budgeting; including experience with payroll
– Accounting systems implementation