The Director of Treasury and AP will collaborate across all areas to oversee the accounts payable and disbursements function for vendor invoices, employee expenses reports, and granting. This role is responsible for the Treasury portion of banking relationships, daily cash balance management, controlled disbursement accounts, ACH processing/compliance, and other payment processing. These duties are completed directly and with assistance from others in the Finance department.
- Establishes treasury processes
- Forecasts liquidity needs and invest excess cash according to stated investment policy
- Manages relationships with all banks providing checking and treasury services
- Leverages banking technology to streamline receivables and payables processes
Accounts Payable Operations
- Managing AP team ranging from 1-3 team members
- Overseeing the daily accounts payable activities to ensure daily transactions are processed accurately and on time. This includes both vendor and grant payments.
- Determining proper coding of transactions for accurate accounting and application of amounts to the general ledger; generate multiple reports for the accounting department and various other departments
- Ensuring all processes are documented and cross-trained among team members
- Recommending and implement changes in methods, processes, or procedures to improve the efficiency of the AP function
- Overseeing and managing the annual completion of statutory reporting such as 1099 issuance