We are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper to handle our company’s accounts. In this role you will be responsible for managing the full cycle of accounting duties for the company.
If you are an energetic self-starter, hands on and feel at home in a small business/start up environment, love numbers and are a whiz at NetSuite ERP, we can’t wait to hear from you.
In this exciting role, your responsibilities would include the following:
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Properly maintain business records and operating accounts according to general accounting principles.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank, credit card and loan accounts.
- Month end closing, including analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Codes Purchase Orders, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Manages the purchasing system.
- Verifies invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures terms, credits are applied correctly.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Respond to requests from senior management for reports on finances.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience with NetSuite and QuickBooks A MUST
- Accuracy and attention to detail absolutely required
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in excel
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage competing demands
- Must be organized and able to multitask
- A track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment with deadline pressures
- Solution oriented
- Good time management and organization skills
- Positive attitude and team player
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changes in procedures
- 5 years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- Strong GAAP knowledge and experience in retail and e-commerce.
- Extensive experience with NetSuite.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Google docs, Excel
- A deep understanding of accrual and cash basis of accounting
- AA degree or higher in Accounting or Business