Support Consultant – Oracle EPM (HFM)
Hybrid – Candidates UK wide considered
Salary – £45,000 to £60,000 per annum
Our client, a reputable UK based solution provider of Corporate Performance Management (CPM) applications, covering multiple industry sectors across several software vendor platforms, are currently looking for a finance professional with systems support abilities to become a valuable member of their consulting team and support their client initiatives.
- Provide sound application and technical knowledge to the client and apply this expertise in the context of the client’s solution environment;
- Liaise with necessary client, senior consultant or vendor partner contacts to ensure speedy resolution of client issues and suitable management of expectations;
- Escalate application and technical support issues that require additional support from either client contacts or other team members, in line with customer service level agreements;
- Assist in producing and maintaining application and/or support documentation and transfer knowledge to the client team under the direction of senior members.
- Assist in troubleshooting, and taking corrective action.
- Identify scope of work with your manager or a Lead Consultant to determine impact of implementing the changes, ensuring sign-off from the customer before commencing work.
- Assist the Account Manager in keeping the client informed of progress, issues, and risks through regular written and verbal communications using an appropriate and professional communication style.
Experience required for this position
- A background in CPM software application administration, support or consultancy, in industry or within a vendor support services practice;
- Oracle Hyperion (HFM), OneStream or similar CPM vendor solution experience;
- Exposure to cloud CPM technologies and operating practices;
- Experience with group head office financial accounting processes;
- Experience of industry standard relational database technologies;
- A basic understanding of programming concepts;
- Ability to create technical support documentation or record application changes in suitable technical or non-technical form;
- Demonstrable experience of software package implementation processes, and knowledge of current technology environments
- Ability to manage critical client expectations
- Proficient with basic computer skills (Windows, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook etc.)
- Honours degree qualified in fields such as (but not limited to) Business, Finance, Information Systems, Computing, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience;
- Oracle Hyperion Product certifications preferred but not mandated.
Our client isn’t registered to sponsor candidates at this stage so please only apply if you already live or are eligible to live and work in the UK.
To register your interest in this position and/or to apply, please send you CV to email@example.com