From $70 to $90 per hour
As a NetSuite Analyst, you will be responsible for owning the administration and strategic expansion of the client's most important financial systems. You will be tasked with overseeing security and uptime requirements, fielding and prioritizing user requests, implementing solutions, and working closely with key stakeholders.
However, this role goes beyond core systems administration. Although you will be a part of the IT organization, you will also serve as a close business partner to the Finance team. As the Finance team embarks on new strategic initiatives, you will be responsible for the translation and technical implementation of business needs in their existing systems - from specification, to configuration, to roll-out.
- Assume full ownership of our most vital financial systems. Duties include: deployment and testing of third-party applications, customizations, and custom objects to meet evolving business needs; maintenance of integrations with NetSuite and other third-party systems; user training and documentation; and frontline support, including management of ticket queue.
- Work with IT and Finance teams to create, document, and implement sustainable business processes around data integrity, change protocols, and customization.
- Serve as the main point of contact between users, leadership and our vendors.
- Build and document subject matter expertise on finance data, processes and systems. Work closely with IT and Finance leadership to make decisions around prioritization of work.
- Work closely with finance users and leadership to identify business process problems and solve them creatively utilizing existing systems.
- At least 5 years of experience in a role with ERP systems administration responsibilities, ideally in a corporate finance setting. Fluency in fundamental corporate finance concepts is a must.
- At least 2 years of exposure to Netsuite systems administration required. Experience as a finance team member is a bonus.
- Project experience with SuiteFlows, Web Services/SuiteTalk, analytics, and scheduling. Administrator-level knowledge of roles, permissions, custom objects, scripting, workflows, reports, and dashboards.
- Intense attentiveness to detail and a proven dedication to ensuring security, operability, and stability of vital systems.
- Curiosity and a passion for problem-solving within the framework of third-party systems. The client values people who regularly ask 'how can I improve this'
- Experience working with users and a demonstrated empathy for their needs. Proven desire to make business processes better.
- Ability to comfortably jump between technical and non-technical audiences (including vendors) and communicate clearly with both.