What is NetSuite?
Founded in 1998 and previously called NetLedger, NetSuite is an online cloud business suite of software that allows organisations to manage and assess all of their key business processes at the same time and in one place. It is positioned as the only true cloud business platform and can be used for enterprise resource planning (ERP), enterprise performance management (EPM) when combined with NetSuite PBCS, maintain customer relationship management (CRM) systems, business intelligence (BI), organise professional services automation, enable e-commerce, and track finance and accounting processes. NetSuite’s flexibility of its applications offering mean its suitable for a range of businesses and industries and has found success when adopted by start-ups and small scale up businesses as it is designed to grow in its capabilities as they are needed.
Benefits of using NetSuite
Given the versatility of the NetSuite cloud software offering available, it has become a very popular cloud software publisher over the last 15 years. There are many advantages to using NetSuite including:
It’s easy to integrate
NetSuite has easy-to-use APIs to make integrating it into existing systems or software applications very simple. There is no lengthy process and integration can usually be accomplished inhouse or with the help of NetSuite’s customer support services.
Wide range of features
NetSuite has a very versatile range of software applications that cater to the management of many different types of business operations and therefore suits a wide range of companies from manufacturing to non-profit organisations.
Fast and easy delivery
As NetSuite can be used and licensed quickly to benefit the organisation and streamline its processes. It has a reasonable pricing model and can be tailored to create bespoke packages to suit the individual company’s needs.
NetSuite is designed to work from a company’s inception through to becoming a global corporate, covering all their ERP and related needs via their cloud platform.
What kind of skills do you need to work with NetSuite?
As working with NetSuite can involve working across a wide range of business functions, the skills required to navigate the applications are very broad.
Netsuite technical skills:
- Understanding of administration optimisation
- Experience of Netsuite implementation and integration
- Deep understanding of Netsuite functionalities and systems
- Understanding of Netsuite data migration tools
- Ability to configure, customise, suitescript and update Netsuite
Netsuite soft skills:
- 2+ years of experience with NetSuite or other ERP/EPM software
- Experience with client, team and resource management
- Good communication skills with proven record of managing diverse stakeholders
The different types of job roles that use NetSuite:
- NetSuite Project Managers
- NetSuite Functional Consultants
- NetSuite Technical Consultants
- NetSuite Solution Architects
- NetSuite Systems Administrators
- NetSuite Support Consultants
- NetSuite ERP Systems Managers
- NetSuite Business Systems Analysts