What is Workday?
Workday is a cloud-based software vendor most known for its all-in-one package of human capital management (HCM) and financial management applications, also called Workday. Their service is designed to gather all human resources functions in one place and enable big data analytics and workforce planning. Workday’s suite offers many modules that offer the following benefits:
Financial Management Software
By combining transactions, accounting, analytics, and “always on” audit in one system, Workday empowers decision-makers with in-the-moment and on-the-go financial and business insight they can act upon.
Human Resource Management (HRM)
Their HRM module allows organisations to effectively manage their workforce which includes overseeing absence and compensation management.
Workday’s recruiting application allows companies to find, engage and select the best external and internal candidates to suit their requirements, managing the whole process using one system designed for transparency and collaboration across the whole HR team.
Workday provides a payroll function that allows users to make batch calculations, run audit reports and accommodate earnings and deductions across all offices.
Workday has a time tracking function that can be used on a variety of different devices.
Big Data Analytics for HCM
Workday also has an application for big data analytics that has templates designed to address key business problems that HR and finance teams face, including workforce planning, retention, diversity, payroll-cost analysis and compensation.
What kind of skills do you need to work with Workday?
As roles that incorporate Workday are largely ERP or HR-related, they require a firm understanding of HR systems and are usually expected to have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or management. Other requirements and skills generally include:
Workday technical skills:
- Knowledge of Workday applications
- Ability to integrate Workday and configure HR applications
- Understanding of Workday testing and update features
Workday soft skills:
- 2+ years of experience with Workday or ERP software
- Experience with team and resource management
- Good communication skills with proven record of managing diverse stakeholders
- Solid understanding of Agile functions and methodologies
Different Types of Workday Job Roles:
- Workday Financial Systems Director
- Workday ERP Systems Manager
- Workday Project Manager
- Workday Functional Consultant
- Workday Technical Consultant
- Workday Solution Architect
- Workday Systems Administrator
- Workday Support Consultant
- Workday Business Systems Analyst
- Workday Administrator