What is Anaplan?
Anaplan is a company that specialises in cloud-based planning software. Its main product is the Anaplan Platform, an EPM platform which allows organisations to integrate all business enterprises onto one platform for easy viewing and usage. Supply chain, marketing, HR, financial planning and sales functions can all be monitored and evaluated as part of a wider strategy with unlimited scenario planning and budgeting capabilities. Its main advantage is that it eliminates the need for multiple spreadsheets and allows you to view activities across departments for easy planning, analysis, and forecasting.
What industries use Anaplan?
- Banking & Capital Markets
- Consumer Products
What kind of skills do you need to work with Anaplan?
Most roles that are Anaplan-focused like Anaplan Consultant, will require a bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Business Studies, Finance, Management or a related field as it is a role that requires business and project management skills coupled with technical understanding. The typical technical and soft skills required to work with Anaplan include:
Anaplan technical skills:
- Data integration – Anaplan can integrate data from an organisation’s disparate original systems but anyone overseeing the project will need to understand the technical approach for integrating different types of data for a smooth running of the operation
- Systems Architecture – In order to be able to see what will work within Anaplan for a company, a consultant should understand the technicalities of systems architecture in order to suggest improvements
- Knowledge of ERP software – to integrate a better working functionality, an Anaplan Consultant should have a working knowledge of some of the major ERP software available, such as NetSuite, Oracle Financials or SAP ERP
- Knowledge of industry-specific best practice
- Knowledge of FP&A or budgeting and forecasting in Finance
Anaplan soft skills:
- Good communication skills for stakeholder management
- Ability to multitask for project management
- Exceptional planning, analysis, and enactment skills
- Be adaptable to changes or additional information made available
- Inquisitive mindset to always find a better way to perform business functions
The different types of Anaplan job roles:
- Anaplan Model Builder
- Anaplan Consultant
- Anaplan Developer
- Anaplan Solutions Architect