The Associate Workday Financials Administrator partners with the internal Workday support team to ensure the system is performing to its capabilities. This position is responsible for system administration and maintenance, issue resolution, and ongoing design and configuration support for Finance, Supply Chain, HCM, Benefits, Payroll, and Recruiting. This role partners with departments and stakeholders to develop business strategies, and to ensure efficient systems operations at all levels.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers the Workday system, including security maintenance, business process configuration, tenant configuration, and integration support.
- Assists with systems security to ensure user accesses align with security approvals.
- Partners with functional area experts and other stakeholders to test and implement efficient systems solutions. Liaises with stakeholders on all system related issues.
- Assists outside vendors, corporate and operations personnel to identify automation needs. Ensures effective solutions are built to requirements.
- Assists with system upgrade implementations, communicates system changes, and trains users on system functionality changes.
- Provides consultation on system capabilities, and supports HR, Finance, Supply Chain and other functions in design and modification efforts. Works with outside consultants and internal IT staff to implement changes as required.
- Revises and executes production schedules for routine and specific report requests and turnaround documents. Prepares ad hoc reports as requested.
- Participates in the system governance process, in partnership with the Governance Council, functional subject matter experts, and team members.
- Supports the internal Workday team to ensure system compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
- Maintains an up-to-date online users guide and distributes changes to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures all system configurations align with business requirements. Coordinates the system testing process.
- Reviews table information to ensure data integrity. Edits input documents for accuracy and monitors output for system problems.
- Trains functional users on various modules and reporting tools.
- Follows defined IT service management processes and ensures adherence to the process.
- Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
- Supports creation and revision maintenance of all SOPs related to the different modules within Workday.
- Supports regular system audits to review accuracy and compliance with established standards.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills when working with various internal clients and peers to accomplish project and operational goals.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Adheres to the absence policy, as outlined by management.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience working in the different modules of Workday and knowledge of configuring Workday for HCM, Finance, Supply Chain, and Payroll modules.
- Expert level in at least one module and working knowledge of other modules with a Workday Certification in at least one module.
- PHR/SHRM-CP, SPHR/SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Healthcare-related work experience preferred.
- Multi-site/state experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and technical support skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Discipline to work with highly confidential information and ability to critically analyze data input/output for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Ability to prioritize (and re-prioritize) as business needs change.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision and have significant attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of all areas of information systems with a highly technical understanding of Workday Administration in at least one of HR or Finance modules.
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management Tools (Service Now, Remedy etc.) preferred.
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Work environment: Remote
- Travel: 10-15%
- 5+ hours per shift: Sitting, standing, handling, finger dexterity, pinching
- Up to 3 hours per shift: Walking, climbing, bending, squatting, reaching above shoulders, reaching waist to shoulder, reaching knee to waist, reaching floor to knee, grasping items, carrying/move items up to 40 pounds